Saturday, July 23, 2011

From the Smartphone

I've been carrying around my big camera less and less, mostly because I'm carrying around a diaper bag less and less. And I often have a baby in my arms. But I always have my trusty Droid at hand. So I thought I'd share a few (unedited) pictures of our last couple weeks.

Jillian and Jessica have been participating in various studies at UMCP's Language Development Lab. Thanks for the info on this, Emily!! What that really means is that we've been taking little field trips to College Park here and there since this spring. Jillian keeps saying that, yes, she would like to go to school there when she gets older.


I bought romanesco at the farmers market. It was pretty good. I also picked up a collapsible steamer on the advice of a friend. Yeah, I'm a little behind the times. Anyhow, the vegetable was pretty good. The flavor reminded me more of cauliflower than broccoli.


The girls have graduated to the BIG cart at Harris Teeter, and Jess loves riding in the space ship with her sister.


Jess loves all things electronic. And all things she's not supposed to have. Needless to say, this game controller was fascinating.


Jess also loves all things food. (YAY!) Here she is killing some sweet potatoes when we had a semi-date dinner at Longhorn. Which despite being a chain, was actually quite nice.


Our garden continues to do well. To understate it.


I baked my first pie. A peach pie. It was pretty good, though it probably could have baked about five more minutes. I'm terrified of burning food.


Jessica has a ton of teeth. By a ton, I mean eight.


Food seems to be a theme around here this summer. I'm actually finding myself disappointed when I know we have plans to be somewhere other than home to eat. Can you tell that I'm one of those weird people that doesn't like her foods to touch each other on the plate? LOL.

Broccoli, chicken, couscous medley (thank you, Trader Joe's).

Beets, meatloaf.

Pear-papaya squash, steak, brown rice medley (again, I heart you Trader Joe's).

Pizza! With our first ripe tomatoes of the season and basil from the garden to top it (also, feta cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, mozzarella).
One day I'll get back to taking 'good' pictures again, but for now, the little phone in my pocket seems to be doing just fine.

2 comments:

Jennifer Baldwin said...

There is such a thing as a pie crust shield (Pampered Chef has one - easier than piecing together tin foil) that goes around the rim of a pie to keep the edges from getting too dark. I can loan you mine if you'd like to try it. Pretty handy - lets the pie cook a little longer. :)

emk said...

It does, indeed! Great pics! You seem so organized and with-it with all the cooking, gardening, and adventuring! Go you!