Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dyeing Easter Eggs

We dyed eggs for Easter over the weekend! I had seen various blogs showing kids using whisks to hold hard boiled eggs for dyeing, so we gave that a try. In theory, it was a fabulous idea, and would have probably been perfect last year when the word "gently" meant a bit less to Jillian. But this year, she knows how to be gentle and the whisk wasn't perfect for keeping the eggs in the dye for a long period. Unless I bought a whisk for each color. Which I didn't.

All set up.


Getting started...


WOW!


Daddy did some fancy drawing with a crayon on one of the eggs.


Jilly tried to do that too...


Jessie was pretty content to sit in her high chair and watch.


And...the eggs!


Now I need to find a good recipe for deviled eggs...because last year's were *meh*.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that's a lot of eggs! And I need a good deviled egg recipe too. I've been tasked with making them for Easter lunch.

johntindale said...

maybe we should find some way to share the deviled eggs next year!