Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Made a New Creation!

I was searching for the perfect EASY pattern to whip up a scarflet or two for last minute Christmas gifts. And I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So I took some elements from a couple different patterns, improvised some details, and made my own!

Quick & Easy Keyhole Scarflet

Stitch Explanation:
M1 (make 1) - An increase worked by lifting the horizontal thread lying between the needles and placing it onto left needle. Knit this new stitch through the back.
Sl: slip stitch knitwise (each row in this pattern will begin with a slipped stitch)
K2tog: knit two stitches together
Garter st: knit all stitches (both right and wrong side)

SCARF
Cast on 3 sts.
Row 1: Sl first st, k to end of row (right side row)
Row 2: Sl first st, M1, k to end of row (wrong side row)
Rep last 2 rows until there are 26 sts total on your needle.
Work in Garter st for two rows, always slipping the first stitch.

Divide stitches for slit:
Sl first st, knit the next 12 stitches.
Place remaining 13 stitches on stitch holder.
Turn work and continue Garter st on these stitches only for 4” (continue to Sl the first stitch of each row), ending with a right side row. Cut yarn and place sts on second stitch holder.
Slide sts from first stitch holder back to needle and rejoin yarn to right side. Continue in Garter st (slipping the first st) for 4”. On wrong side row, sl first st, work in Garter st to end of row, slide sts from stitch holder onto left needle and continue in Garter st across – 26 sts. *You can increase until your desired width, just make sure it’s an even number of stitches so that they can divide evenly to create the keyhole slit.*

Continue in Garter st, always slipping the first st of each row, until scarf measures approx. 24” from beginning.

Begin decrease.
Row 1 (right side): Sl first st, k1, k2tog, k to end of row.
Row 2 (wrong side): Sl first st, k to end of row.
Continue in pattern until 3 sts remain on needle. End with a wrong side row, then bind off.




5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Super cute! I continue to be impressed with your craftiness!

Emily said...

I like that! So clever, and it will look great with a jacket!

Denise said...

Wow! Look at you! I don't know where you find the time! But I'm impressed!

Brenna said...

that does look handy...my neck often gets cold. good job!

emk said...

I have no idea what any of that text means, but I'm proud of you! :-)

Also-- I just wanted to complete the first official Moms Group Comment Section!