Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What? Santa? Already?

Yep. Who knew? I sure didn't.

Tuesday I dropped Jillian off at school at called Sears Automotive. See, I've been driving around on a half-dry rotted tire for a while now, and it's been stressing me out a bit. I've had to put air in it 2-3 times each week and it just looked scary bad. I got a quote from Sams Club last week to replace two tires, but they don't have my tires (aka, anything that fits my car) in stock. So I'd have to order them on the website. Grrr. I thought I'd give Sears a try. At least I could walk around the mall with Jessica while they were doing my tires. Sears said that yes, they could replace my two tires in an hour that morning, and off we went.

As we walked around the mall, I saw something startling. Lo and behold, Santa's village was all set up. Already. Complete with Santa himself. Seriously. "It's not even Thanksgiving", I thought, a bit peeved with it. For goodness sake...Christmas is six friggin' weeks away! And then I saw something that is every mom's dream (or at least a dream of moms who plan to take their unruly toddlers to see Santa)...NO LINES. Not one person in line.

I quickly went downstairs to see what the deal was. Apparently no one expects Santa to be there before Thanksgiving. They're even running a special promotion where you get a $10 mall gift card if you spend more than $30 on Santa pictures before November 30th, as long as it's Mon-Thur.

What did I do, you wonder? I waited for my car to be done. Then I picked up Jillian at school, took both girls home, fed Jessica, dressed both of them in their Santa/Christmas Eve service dresses, and shuttled them off to the mall. We got to Santa's village promptly at 1:15pm, just as Santa was finishing his lunch break feeding his reindeer.

Jillian got to write a letter to Santa (draw him a picture), mail it, try the naughty-or-nice meter (which was clearly malfunctioning because it said NICE), and both girls sat on Santa's lap. Not rushed. It was fabulous. Here are some of the pictures we got of the girls.




You may notice that Jillian has a weird smile on her face. She promptly told Santa what she wants for Christmas upon approaching him - Toy Story (3, the movie). I think she expected him to hand it to her right then and there. We'll have to work on explaining THAT a bit better next year....

2 comments:

Party of Nine said...

Your girls are SO Cute!! "Santastic" LOVE it!

Lindsey said...

You got some GREAT shots! I am impressed. It doesn't hurt that the girls are so darn cute!