Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Every year around this time, I think about what I'm thankful for. And I usually come up with the standard: God, family, friends, etc. But this year, I don't have to think very hard. At the end of last year, we were very excited to ring in 2010. 2009 was not the best year ever for us, and we were ready to kiss it goodbye, with hopes that 2010 would be a much better year.

Well...2010 has not been a stellar year (aside from welcoming a new addition to the family). John's business continued to struggle, financially we have been barely making ends meet, providing our own health insurance has been a debacle again, etc, etc, etc. You wonder what I'm thankful for then?

I'm thankful for the amazing amount of support we've gotten from our friends, family, and church. I've never been one to ask for or accept help easily, but when I started having problems with the pregnancy earlier in the year, I kind of had to get over it. Folks from our church, my family, my moms group friends, and my other friends all pitched in to help when I couldn't be up and around. After baby Jessica arrived, we saw an amazing outpouring of help from our church with meals coming three times each week for six weeks! When I've needed a break from the girls, our family has stepped up and watched the girls or taken them for a night or two. With John working two jobs and gone a lot of the time, people are lending a hand to help me out with the kids.

I couldn't have made it through this tough year without the help we've gotten from all angles and I don't have to look far to see all the things and people that I'm grateful for this year. So to all of you out there reading this who have helped us out this year, be it by keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, by bringing food, by visiting, by babysitting, by lending an ear when I've needed to vent, or however you've helped out, I'd like to say THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart!!!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

I bet 2011 is going to be a great year for you!