Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Decorating the Tree

I love how a lit up Christmas tree and some Christmas songs can brighten anyone's mood... Today I planned for us to put up the tree and decorate it this afternoon/evening after nap time. I had intended to put up the tree during naps and then let Jillian decorate it afterward. Well, I slept during nap time. So after nap, I dressed Jessie in her "Christmas tree decorating outfit" and got Jillian up. Jillian didn't want to wear her matching "decorating" outfit. I put her in it anyway. Sometimes, Mommy veto power rocks. Anyhow, I left her upstairs crying about it and came downstairs to assemble the tree. Jessica decided to spend some time shrieking in her swing. What a great start to our decorating...Jilly crying upstairs and Jessie crying downstairs. Awesome. I wasn't deterred, however, and put in a Christmas song CD, turned it up, and put the tree up. Jessica was instantly mesmerized by the lights...one crier silenced. As I was getting the nativity out, Jillian came downstairs. She loves playing with the nativity. She saw the tree. And bingo, crier #2 was happy again. And thus began today's decorating experience. *sigh*






And after we were done, I tried some self-timed portaits of me with the girls. The flash did some serious flashing. I don't know that I love any of them...though there are things about each one I like. Which is your favorite?
Attempt #1

Attempt #2

Attempt #3

Attempt #4

Attempt #5

3 comments:

emk said...

I vote Attempt 4-- I'm a sucker for symmetry!

Brenna said...

funny how the best laid plans sometimes go awry! I like the last pic!

Emily said...

5!!