Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Colors

This morning we took a walk at Centennial Park hoping to enjoy the fall colors. And I hoped to get some exercise, since I've been cleared from my six week appointment!

I probably should have picked a less hilly venue for my first official "get some exercise" outing, but alas, I did not...

It was lovely!




Jillian wanted to play on the playground. I didn't want to walk up to the big playground, so we went down to a smaller one at one of the pavilions. It worked out well. We had some privacy to change Jillian's pants (first away from home accident) and for me to nurse Jessica, and Jilly had the run of the place.

Jillian's been a climber for some time, so I shouldn't be surprised, but she climbed this big spiral thing all by herself. Geesh!

Needless to say, Jillian was not excited about leaving.

Especially since I let Jessica have a turn in the stroller on the way back to the car.

This would have been a cute posed picture if Jilly would have cooperated just a little. Darn two year old!

And now begins the search for the double stroller. At Avalon last week, I put Jessica's car seat directly in the stroller, letting Jilly walk. Jilly wanted to ride in the stroller. Today I had Jilly in the stroller for most of the walk, and Jessie wrapped in the Moby wrap. Jessie wanted no part of the wrap today and just wouldn't settle in. What's with these independent minded kids?!?

No comments: