Katrina, as comment #3, won the Seventh Generation gift pack!!
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm participating in a couple back-to-school giveaways this season. One of these great giveaways is for a Seventh Generation Back-To-School gift pack which includes: includes a Seventh Generation backpack, two canisters of Seventh Generation disinfecting wipes (one for home and one to donate to your child’s classroom), disinfecting multi-surface spray cleaner, facial tissue, and paper towels!
This school year, Seventh Generation is sharing tips from best-selling author and pediatrician, Dr. Alan Greene, to help parents protect their child’s health during back-to-school season. Dr. Greene suggests taking the following precautions:
Optimize the immune system
- Reap the benefits of probiotics like those found in yogurt. A recent study showed that children who received enough probiotics daily throughout the cold and flu season had a significant reduction in the number of illnesses they had and, when they did get sick, the symptoms were both milder and didn't last as long.
- Be sure your child is getting plenty of vitamin D from the sun, from food, or from a supplement.
- Build a strong foundation. Good food, good sleep, and good physical activity all help the immune system to flourish.
Be wise about reducing unnecessary exposure to harmful germs
- Teach children the key times to clean their hands in the classroom. The most important times include after sneezing, coughing or using the restroom, upon leaving "high-risk" places (recess, naptime, play stations) and before meals or snacks.
- Sixty percent of teachers surveyed said that they request that parents donate disinfecting wipes to the classroom. Seventh Generation’s disinfecting wipes kill 99.99% of germs* naturally using the active ingredient thyme, a component of thyme oil which is derived from the herb thyme.
- Stress the importance of not touching their eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Demonstrate to your children how to cover their mouth and nose for every cough and sneeze. This simple maneuver has spectacular results in decreasing the spread of viruses and bacteria floating about the room, waiting to be inhaled.
*Refer to disinfecting product labels for full details
So far, I have loved all the Seventh Generation products I've tried. My favorite has been their dish soap, though I think these disinfecting wipes are going to become a diaper bag essential. I'll probably donate my second container of wipes to My Gym, since they always have some kind of wipes out for parents and kids.
To enter to win this Seventh Generation gift pack, leave me a comment telling me what your favorite tip is for keeping your kid(s) healthy and germ-free! For an additional entry, follow my blog, via feed reader, Google Friend Connect, FB Networked Blogs, etc. and leave me a separate comment telling me that you followed (or that you already follow me). Winner will be select by a random integer generator and notified by email. If your email is not set as public, please leave it in a comment for me or I may not be able to get in touch with you. Giveaway will close next Monday (August 9th) at 10pm EDT.
**Seventh Generation provided me with the free product, gift pack, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark**
7 years ago