Saturday, July 10, 2010

Where in the world is...

...this blogger? Well, truth be told, I haven't had much to blog about lately. I'm still taking it easy, which in addition to this HEAT, means we haven't been doing much of anything. I'm starting to feel pretty nest-y, so I've been spending time planning the nursery and working on the kitchen. Next week I'll be starting to tackle the basement, so by the beginning of August, we can move my stepson's room down there, and actually get started on the nursery.

What I have been doing is a lot of knitting. Well, perhaps not a LOT, but it feels like a lot and it's been a great hobby to have gotten (back) into - successfully this time! It's just occupying enough that I don't feel like a complete lazy bones sitting around all the time, but not so distracting that I can't watch tv or hang with Jillian while I do it.

Here's what I've made over the past couple weeks.

1. Pink scarf for my friend Rita


2. A bow headband for Jillian

3. A knit bag for me (this is my first "in the round" project - thanks to my mom for getting me an awesome set of needles!!!)

2 comments:

Brenna said...

all of your projects look great! well done, mel!

Anonymous said...

Great job Mel! I love my scarf, thanks so much:)