Friday, July 2, 2010

Mo' Beach!!

Ever since our beach trip a few weeks ago, Jillian has been regularly asking to go to the beach. I obliged her, and Emily1 and I took her and Brooks to Sandy Point State Park this morning. There was some question as to the wisdom of this decision, it being Friday before 4th of July weekend, but we braved it, and there was ZERO traffic getting there and the beach was awesomely un-crowded when we arrived!

We couldn't have picked a prettier day.



I tried to get Jillian to pose for a picture with me. That didn't work out so well, but Emily managed to get a pretty good one of us on the beach. (I'm attempting to tickle her to get a smile on that face!)


Brooks and Jillian played together a little bit, but mostly Jillian wanted to chase birds and play in the sand alone.



Jillian was very excited about the idea of the water, but not so much the reality of it. I finally dragged her out there in my arms, at least for a little while. Brooks, on the other hand, was totally into it!!



Last summer (end of June) at Sandy Point, Jillian LOVED the water. Funny how they change...


She definitely is a huge fan of the sand, though. Funny tidbit though, she almost started crying when she wouldn't come in the water with Brooks and I - it was rather pathetic and sad, really.




We totally have to make another trip this summer. What a fun morning, and we should get some great naps out of the little ones too! Oh, and just another FYI, they didn't charge us admission for the kids, so the "$4 per person" admission must not include them. There wasn't an age limit stated, though, so I'm not sure at what age these little ones become "people".

3 comments:

Brenna said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! Sorry we missed you!

Emily said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I'm frantically packing right now.

B's grammie said...

Melanie, thanks so much for introducing your friends to that park and the beach. Looks like you all had a great time!

Can't believe how long Jillian's hair is! Such a cutie!