Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tot School



We started off the week with a very encouraging activity! Jillian willingly and actively participated in a matching activity!!! I got the link for this Fisher Price ABC Zoo Game from another blog last week (I'm terrible at remembering where ideas come from...GRR!). It was a bit temperamental, as I wanted the game to "stop" between letters so Jillian could get her Fisher Price animals that matched up. Finally, I got it to do what I wanted it to, and Jillian happily went and got each matching animal up to X! This is HUGE for her, since any matching activity I've put in front of her before now has gotten ZERO interest.



I had hoped for a very productive week after this awesome start, but somehow it didn't work out that way. Again, we attended the Tales & Tunes for Tots program at our library, and Jillian did a bit better this week. She loved playing the triangle, but I was busy holding it for her, not snapping pictures.

At home, we spent some time with our latch board, which is still a big favorite.

We got sand for our "new" sand table and Jillian just loved it! Clearly, we will be spending a great deal of time playing with it this summer!

We also had some help from my mom planting a mini-garden this week. Jillian has already been a big "help" watering the tomato and marigold plants!

And I've been spending time gestating - 23 weeks and counting!

My favorite from the week...

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! Head over to 1+1+1=1 to read some great Tot School posts!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

what a great week! I love the fisher price animals, I didn't even know they had an ABC animal set!
your daughter is adorable! :)

Brenna said...

lookin' good, Mel! keep up the non-stressful activities!

Fiona said...

I love that animal set! Fisher price stuff is great isn't it? Looks like you has a lovely week! My two like sand too!