Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crafty Post

Well, it's not 100% done, but it's close enough! I'm so excited to have "finished" my first scarf!



I used this pattern and really liked it! I got some help figuring out Row 2 of the pattern (thanks Joy!), but once I got the hang of it, it went really fast; seriously, this thing only took me a little over a week. The finished dimensions are 54" x 4.5". I’ll definitely use the pattern again. Next time, I will likely cast on an additional 3 or 6 stitches to make it a bit wider, and will probably use a thicker yarn, but something with a bit less texture. I like the boucle, but the texture makes it tough to see the actual pattern details well (the plus of course, is that mistakes are hidden well, too!).

Once I get my hands on a crochet hook, I'm going to add ~4" fringe to each end to finish it off.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I really like the scarf... I was crafty this week too, maybe there's something in the air? I think I used that yarn for Henry's baby blanket. Also- I still have your goodie bag! I gotta get it to you soon.

emk said...

It looks GREAT, Mel! And you look great, too!