Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Walk at the Park

The rain finally stopped and we saw the sunshine again today! I thought it was a perfect opportunity for us to go for a walk at Pataspco State Park. And I was right - it was wonderful! We spent hours at the park, and walked somewhere between four and five miles!!

After all this rain, the park is starting to look very green and spring-like!


We saw some remnants of the CSX train wreck from last week. The trail we were on was completely re-opened, though there was definitely still some cleanup and repair going on up on the tracks.


I love this park - so much to explore!


Finally we reached the waterfall.


I insisted that Jillian ride in her stroller until we got to the waterfall and told her she could walk on the way back. And then she was off!


She stopped to smell/pick the flowers.




And to play on a fallen tree. All in her nightie.


Finally, we spent time checking out some bugs. First, we saw a wolf spider. Then we saw an ant. But last, we saw this sucker. I have NO IDEA what it is, but it was about three inches long. And totally creepy. So of course, I took a picture!

2 comments:

Party of Eight said...

What a beautiful day to go for a walk and explore! I can't wait until we can all go hiking again. I love just letting the kids explore on their own :) Great pictures! The last one looks like one of those rubber cockroaches!

Casy Schweickart said...

Looks like a lot of fun. She is such a beautiful girl!!