Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Fun



I'm not Irish, not one bit, but typically I enjoy a good beer or two on St. Patrick's Day. Not green beer mind you, because I usually don't enjoy beers that are light enough in color to actually be dyed green. But Irish beer. In honor of St. Patrick's Day.

This year, however, the beer is out, since I have a small one growing in my uterus.

I saw that one of our county libraries was hosting a St. Patrick's Day finger painting event for kiddos aged 2-5 (free of course!). Without getting too off track, I'll mention here that I love, love, love our public libraries! They always have great events and programs for the kids. Anyhow, since Jillian loves to paint, and we had no plans for the holiday, I signed her up.

It was a blast, too! Here are some pictures of her enjoying her St. Patty's Day painting activities (taken with my phone, so possibly not the best quality ever...).




I've linked this post up to Jan Mary's awesome St. Patrick's Day Blogging Carnival; visit over there to see what other folks have been up to on this holiday!!

3 comments:

JanMary said...

Got to love the library :)

Thanks for joining in the carnival.

Greetings from N Ireland.

Merrie said...

What fond memories we have of library story time when ours were little. Look like she is off to a great start with some great memories herself! Good luck with the new little one.

JanMary said...

Congrats :)

You won a prize as part of my St Patrick's Blogging Carnival.

Email me with your address to claim your prize :)