Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"P" is for Painting!

We're focusing on the letter "P" this week and did some painting this morning. Yeah, I know, big surprise that we painted. Jillian really enjoys painting, and the washable paints are actually washable. The mess is minimal and she usually is into it for about a half hour or more. So clearly, this is our go-to craft.


I cut the letter "P" from a sponge for some sponge painting, and made some puzzle piece stampers from puzzle pieces and a couple corks. I should have picked up some thicker kid puzzle pieces from a thrift store for this...the thin puzzle pieces picked up a lot of paint and really painted blobs rather than distinct looking shapes like I was hoping for.



I cut a potato in half to do some potato prints.


I twisted up a pipe cleaner to use as a brush.


And of course, it being "P" week, she only painted with pink and purple!!

2 comments:

Tired Mom T├ęsa said...

Very creative and looks like a lot of fun!

Jennifer said...

GREAT ideas!!!! I love it!!

~ Jennifer