Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What I Learned This Week: Snow Edition

I'm sure by now some of you are tired of snow. Or tired of hearing about snow. Well, I fall into both categories.


What I learned this week is: it IS possible to have too much snow. I used to like snow. I guess I still do. Just not anymore this winter. After the pounding we got in December, some various snows here and there, the mega snow we got over the weekend (yeah, like three feet), and the 16-22" they're calling for her this afternoon/overnight/tomorrow, it's too much.


I don't know where on earth we're going to put it. We're going to have snow around these parts until Easter. Really. Kids have had so many freaking snow days that they're going to be in school until the 4th of July. Yep, that's my prediction.

I said yesterday that if I wanted to live somewhere that got this much snow in the winter, I would have moved to Montana when I worked for a company with a major office there. I could have bought a good sized house with a bunch of land where it's gorgeous for a reasonable price. But no, I stayed in the DC Metro area. Why? Because I'm not fond of forecasts that call for "x feet" of snow.

So that's my short and sweet "WILTW". Something I never thought I'd say. There is such a thing as TOO.MUCH.SNOW. And we've got it.

Head over to Jo-Lynne's blog to link up with your "WILTW" post and read about what others have learned!!!

6 comments:

The Real Me! said...

I'm seeing all these snow pictures and I must say they are making me thankful for living in Florida, that is until Hurricane season! LOL!
Hang in there!
Blessings,
Kim

shopannies said...

I never mind a bit of snow but I count myself lucky as I live in Illinois where we see snow but I am so lucky we are not getting as much as others

Mel @ A Box of Chocolates said...

Too funny we went with the same theme this week. All about the snow! Good luck with the incoming storm!!

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

We had that much snow last year and so I can relate. My husband said he was ready to move. :) Spring did come though!!! Love the picture of your sweet one by the snow bank. Yowza.

April said...

That picture is amazing!!!! We usually get one storm a year like that from lake effect snow, but nothing really big this year for us!

Musings of a Housewife said...

That is an AWESOME picture. I like snow too, I just don't care for "snow days." Heh.