Friday, February 12, 2010

stART - Library Mouse

I saw the link to A Mommy's Adventures and her stART (A story + Art = A Great StArt!) over at my friend Jen's blog, and decided to give it a try this week!



We read "Library Mouse" by Daniel Kirk and Jillian and I both really enjoyed it. I think we'll check out some more books by this author and see how they are!



The book is about a mouse who lives in a library and decides to write a book. He goes on to write several books and works to show all children that they too can write books.

It got me thinking that it would be neat for Jillian to "create" her own little book. So this afternoon, that's exactly what we did!






This was a fun way to help Jillian relate to what we read about in a hands-on kind of way...and she is a VERY hands-on toddler. I think I'll find a way to do one of these each week! For more neat stART ideas, check out A Mommy's Adventures!!

1 comment:

Playing by the book said...

What a lovely project! And I love the look of Jillian's kitchen in the background :-)