Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowpocolypse 2010

It snowed here. LOTS. Like more than 30" lots. We didn't get an official reading yesterday, and by today the snow was starting to pack down a bit, but I'm guestimating that we got somewhere between 30-36". Yeah.

Now I like snow. I've always been of the philosophy that if it has to be cold outside, it should be snowing. But seriously, enough is enough. In December we got more than 20" about a week before Christmas. Since then we've had a couple "minor snows" (as I define 4-6"). And now this. Apparently we're supposed to get another 5" or more Tuesday into Wednesday. We're running out of places to put this stuff!

I wasn't even excited about taking pictures of Jillian in the deep snow. Why? Because we already have pictures of her in the snow from last weekend. And from seven weeks ago. You get the idea. Really, how many unique snow pictures can you take?

After about three rounds of shoveling, John and I dug out our steps and front walk, our sidewalk, the back steps, and both vehicles. And we're both sore. At least I know I still have those muscles. Because they hurt.

But we did get Jillian out in the snow a bit today, so here are some more snow pictures...




Dear Winter, I'm over it.

4 comments:

Booklover1212 said...

Love that sweet little pout and pink cheeks! Very cute!

You can send some snow my way. I live in Colorado for cryin' out loud and haven't seen snow in WEEKS!

Hope you're done with the snow now!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Jen S. said...

I'm right there with you!!

Lindsey said...

Soooooo over it!

Cute pics though! :)

Casy Schweickart said...

WOW...that is a redonculous amount!! Good thing you didn't lose sweet baby in the snow!! LOL