Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Extended Attention Span

I found something that I think my toddler could do ALL.DAY.LONG. if I let her. PAINTING!

I already had fingerpaints, but picked up some regular (washable) paint for her yesterday and some inexpensive brushes.

Since we're learning about the letter "M" this week, we started out painting with marshmallows.

Then we moved on to brush painting. This was a big hit, and I think I could have kept handing her blank paper all day and kept her interested. She gets totally into it, adding sound effects and singing!



We wrapped up our painting fun with some marble painting. Jillian thought this was really neat and kept whispering, "Wow!". Of course I should have known that she would not easily part with said marbles, and now they are her favorite toy. Great.

4 comments:

Party of Eight said...

Great ideas Melanie! Love it!

Jen S. said...

Molly loves painting too! Maybe our next playdate with Melissa should be a painting party! :)

Brenna said...

someone told me about the marble painting, and I really want to try it! spin art too!

Julie said...

It look likes you might have a budding artist on your hands@ She is such a cutie. =)