Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Day!

We called today a snow day and did some serious playing! Our last substantial snow was apparently too much for my little one to really enjoy (over 20"), so this snowfall at 6" was just perfect for her to enjoy!

She got to try out her new snowsuit that my mom picked up for her at a consignment store. Which, by the way, I love, because the legs zip all the way down, so getting the legs around her snow boots is a cinch! And I got to try out one of the new pairs of waterproof boots I got for Christmas; my feet stayed warm and dry the whole time!


She did lots of walking and rolling around in the snow. Though she would lay down and didn't quite get the concept of moving her arms and legs to make actual snow angels.


I took Jillian for a walk to the tot lot near our house and she had tons of fun sliding down the slide in the snow!



I tried my hand at the black & white setting on my camera, too.



On the way back to the house, I let Jillian try an icicle. This was a HUGE hit!



After we came inside, we had a warm bath, donuts for lunch, and then made peanut butter cookies after nap time. What a fun snow day!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful pics! You're such a nice mommy - I told Cady the playground was "closed" today as we ran by it because I didn't want to deal with the snowy mess! :)

melaniet42 said...

I figured I went through all that effort to get her bundled up I may as well let her get super snowy. Because there's a good chance I won't do it again for this snowfall!

Casy Schweickart said...

What a cutie...love those little pink cheeks!

Denise said...

Great Photos!! Looks like Jillian had a good time!