Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Wrap-Up

It's that time again, where I reflect on the year ended and look forward to the new year. My resolutions are made, so now for the looking back part.

The highlight of our year was the trip to England that John and I had been SO looking forward to. After flying into London in June, we spent about a week exploring the Northern countryside. We traveled to Newcastle, Corbridge, and Hexham, visited Hadrian's Wall, and took a drive up the coast into Scotland. It was wonderful!! And a big thanks to my parents for keeping Jillian so that we could get away!!

John & I at Hadrian's Wall

John at Berwick-upon-Tweed

Me at Berwick-upon-Tweed

There are plenty more photos of our England trip here (and the six posts following that one) if you want to see more!

I continue to stay home with Jillian and have been babysitting for a friend's infant several days each week. It's been a nice change of pace and Jillian has a younger playmate those days. I'm also still serving on the Cemetery Board at St. John Lutheran Church and enjoy singing in the chapel choir there. I've been blogging more over the year and have very much enjoyed the community of bloggers with whom I interact. I've started cooking at home almost daily and have been doing more baking. This year was the first time I tried some breads at home as well as homemade pizza dough (which has become one of my favorites!).

John did some consulting during the earlier part of the year and spent the majority of the year laying some major groundwork and building a fantastic network for our business, Enercient Systems Technologies. He's made some fabulous progress and we're looking forward to all that hard work starting to pay off this coming year!

Josh turned ten years old and entered the fifth grade and continued singing with his school's choir, even singing with the more "elite" group at his school this year! He was a Webelos Scout this year. He continues to enjoy playing video games, LOVES putting together Lego sets, and gets much joy from visiting and playing with his little sister.

Jillian turned one year old in January and has grown unbelievably over the year. While still being on the small side physically, she is finally closer to being able to fit into her appropriate age ranged clothing! She is a very physical toddler and is still enrolled in classes at My Gym, that she thoroughly enjoys! She is quite independent and is learning more words every day, though her favorite word is still "NO". I can't believe she'll be two years old in less than two weeks!

Jillian Last Christmas

Jillian This Christmas (look at all those teeth!!!)

We look forward to what 2010 has in store for us and wish you a very Happy New Year!

The Tindale Family

4 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like y'all had a great year!! Maybe 2010 will be even better! Yesterday, I was thinking about Andrew turning 2 in February and I just got so sad. They grow too fast!

Tesa said...

What a wonderful look back. It sounds like you've had a great year. What a cute photo at the end too! Adorable smile.

LOSER PAUL said...

Hello! :)

Party of Eight said...

I can't believe the difference in the 2 pictures at the end! She is getting so big! Great year in review :) Happy 2010!