Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tot School!

After coming down with a flu early this week, we had low-key tot school. We focused again on numbers and counting, since Jillian is still showing interest in counting.



Arts & Crafts
I'm not great at having Jillian do much crafty stuff yet besides coloring, but after being sick for half the week, I thought it was time to open the finger paints.

Home Ec
We ate all the sugar cookies I had baked, so I got adventurous and made another batch, with white chocolate chips and almonds (couldn't find macadamia nuts). Jillian helped me whisk together the dry ingredients.

Skillz
Jillian practiced eating with a spoon this week, too, which she's not mastered yet, but I figured oatmeal would have enough consistency to not be a complete mess.

Science
This week, a shipment from Omaha Steaks arrived from my mom. We LOVE getting those gifts!!! Even more fun was the dry ice that was in the cooler. Daddy made smoke in a cup for Jillian to play with (supervised, of course!).


Phys Ed
We had playgroup on Friday at Columbia Gymnastics with some of our other mommy friends! Jillian enjoyed being at a "real" gymnastics gym. Here's my favorite picture from the day. You can read more about those adventures here.

Other Stuff
In addition to wanting to count, Jillian has started lining up her cars when she plays with them. She's also getting better at smiling for me when I take a picture!


And lastly, we checked out some lacing toys from the library and Jillian did better with them than I expected she would!


Hope you had a great week!! Head over to 1+1+1=1 to check out some other Tot School ideas!!

7 comments:

Laura said...

The lacing animals look like fun, I will have to try them with Smiley some time soon :)

Rebecca said...

Can i just say how cute your daughter is?! Shes adorable with those big brown eyes!

Carrie said...

Your Jillian is SO cute!!! :)

Susan said...

She is such a cutie. Looks like you all had a great week. I was not sure when to bring out the lacing cards for my little one, I might give it a try in a couple of weeks!

Lindsay said...

What a great week! I haven't pulled out my lacing cards in a while. I need to go pull those out!

Giggly Girls said...

Glad your sweetie is feeling better!!

How cool that you got to experiment with dry ice!

My tot is just figuring out the spoon as well. Exciting stuff! It's not easy watching her eat oatmeal with her fingers. LOL

2 Toddlers and Me said...

Sounds like you had a very busy "low key" week! The picture from gymnastics is really cute and so is the fingerpainting. We haven't done that in awhile, maybe I'll break them out this weekend.