Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Storyville

After all this snow, it was time to get out of the house! Yesterday, Jillian and I met up with our friend Amanda and her son Joshua at Storyville. It only took us about a half hour to get up there and wasn't crowded at all (despite my fears that it might be since schools were out AGAIN). Did I mention that it's FREE?!?

Here are some shots from up high of the layout. It is a really cool place for kids up to age five to play and learn!




Jillian really liked playing with the cash register in the grocery area.

The "Three Little Pigs" storyboard was fun too!

Jillian also really liked playing with the wooden dollhouse.

I love this picture!

Friends!!


The magnetic gears captured her interest for a while (note the balls she's holding onto in her right arm...).

What a fun day!!!!

4 comments:

Brenna said...

that looks like a good time! i've been wondering if it would be an ok place to take A...since he has a fear of puppets...I didn't see any, so it sounds like a good idea for the vacay!

ps...my verification is 'carma'
hope i've got good karma for christmas.

emk said...

I've already decided that we're headed there when Grammie Sheils comes in January!

Lindsey said...

I've been wanting to plan a trip up there too! Maybe a playgroup rendezvous?

melaniet42 said...

Lindsey, I think it'd be a great idea to have a playgroup get together there!

Brenna, there were in fact some hand puppets there, the plush kind. Over in the "theater" area behind the puppet theater stage. But none really out in the open, so A should be fine!