Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Randomness

I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things after my bloggy break. I keep thinking of things I want to blog about though, but can't justify giving each thing it's own post. So I'm doing a completely random post.

A book series was recommended to me a while back and I had to be on the waiting list at the library for each book so far. The books are good, but the first was a bit tough to get into. After WEEKS on the waiting list, I finally got book two this week and am almost through it. So it occurred to me to get on the waiting list for book three. Good thinking, right? Well, apparently our library has ZERO copies of book three. Like NONE. And I HATE only owning one book of a series. So now what? Do I buy the third book? Do I just sit it out and wait to see if the library gets it? UGH! If you're wondering, the books are by Stieg Larsson, who died shortly after finishing these books, the Millenium trilogy.

Our Thanksgivings were quite nice this year, and not stressful. Perhaps I'm just getting more easy going about having multiple households to visit over the weekend, but this year, all three of our "dinners" were very enjoyable. I'm even enjoying the leftovers this year (and I usually want to have nothing to do with leftovers). I think that mostly has to do with the fact that the longer we have turkey day leftovers, the less I have to cook this week. Lame, I know, but we're eating good with minimal effort!

I am almost done Christmas shopping, and hooray for that! I'm actually at the point where the last few things on the list will be fun to find instead of stressful! Of course, the last person on my list is my husband. Because next to the kids, I'm getting him the most stuff. But I do adore finding just the right gift (or gifts)! Oh fun fun!

I'm sick of rain. We have had more rain this year than in many previous. And I'm tired of it. Dreary, cold, wet days are complete downers. If it's going to be cold and precipitate, I want snow. And if it's not going to snow, let the freakin' sun come out and warm up! Because frankly, my sinuses are angry about three days of rain, one day of sun, two days of rain, and so on. And oh the sinus headaches. Seriously, I'm over it.

We got our Christmas portraits done at Target's Portrait Studio and as usual, we were very pleased with the results. And we got our Christmas cards today, too. I won't share them here, because if you're on the list, you won't be surprised when you receive yours. I loved the suggestions I got for quirky ideas for our cards this year, but I ended up sticking with what I was already thinking. But I do know what we're doing for next year already thanks to the awesome suggestions!




I've also been pondering whether to include an annual update letter with our Christmas cards. I think I'll pass on that this year, and like last year, just do a year-end blog post and send the link out to our friends and family.

Anyhow, that's my random sharing for the evening. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hurray for random posts! And for trying to get back into the swing!

Brenna said...

i'm so jealous of you being nearly finished with the holiday shopping. yay for you!

Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

2 Toddlers and Me said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and good work on your Christmas shopping. That will be nice not to have to worry about it.

Gorgeous pictures by the way. I can see why you like going to that studio.