Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Getting Into the Spirit

I've been somewhat less than in the Christmas spirit so far. I've finally got the shopping done (hooray!) and today I broke down and re-thought our Christmas tree plan. Originally, I had set up our fake tree in the pack-n-play like last year. But after seeing Jillian do so well with the Christmas tree where we babysit, and watching her have so much fun playing with the ornaments, I broke down and took a trip to Walmart. I picked up a few packs of shatter-proof ornaments and a roll of silver cord to loop through them so I didn't have to use those metal hooks. During naptime, I tied many a loop onto the new ornaments and a selection of our "classic" ornaments that are not breakable. I broke down the pack-n-play for the first time since setting it up before Jillian was born. I set the tree out on the floor and got to decorating.

When Jillian got up, she had tons of fun discovering it and our Nativity (also not breakable). Then I played some Christmas music and she sang along.






I was even lucky enough to snag a video of her singing; she's signing along with a CD, so turn it up!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Cute!! We are risking it here but keeping a close eye on Andrew. To my surprise, he hasn't bothered the tree much at all. Some things he has but no breaks yet!

Lindsey said...

Sooooo cute! How perfect that she's even turns around a grab an ornament off the tree while singing a christmas carol. She looks like such a big girl with the headband.

Emily said...

Love the singing!! That's so fun!

Casy Schweickart said...

So cute...I love Christmas music too! Glad you got that on video! ;0)

emk said...

I was going to say the same thing about the headband-- too cute! I have been amazed about the lack of toddler-tree-touching, as well! And I'm so much lazier than you are: I didn't want to use hooks, either, so they're all just on the tree using whatever was already on the ornament themselves!

Brenna said...

Hmmm...I must be a bad mommy...I used hooks on our tree.

2 Toddlers and Me said...

She is so cute! Christmas is so much more fun with kids. My two are really into all the decorations and the songs this year too, it's definitely put me in the Christmas spirit!

bookbabie said...

So cute, I look forward to my baby granddaughter getting a little bigger so we can enjoy watching her at the holidays!