Monday, November 2, 2009

What I Learned This Week

Yep, you guessed it. It's "WILTW" time again!



I learned that Jillian likes candy. I know, no huge surprise that a toddler would like candy, we just hardly ever give it to her.

I learned that I still love Pixy Sticks and can sit and eat them. Indefinitely. Really. I've just put down more than 15 and am no where near done. YUM!

I learned that even when a Fantasy Football win looks out of reach, it ain't over til that Monday night game is over. Woohoo!!

I learned that Jillian can be social when she wants to be. At the aquarium today, she held the hand of the little boy we were with and even gave him a hug. All on her own! It was very cute.

I learned that I can't get terribly excited about a weekend away when there are three days and some toddler packing between now and the time that our "date weekend" starts. When we check into the hotel, I'll get excited.

I learned that jellyfish aren't just blobs of goo that freak you out in the ocean. They can be truly beautiful! Just look at these guys!

Well, that about covers it for me this week. Head over to Jo-Lynne's blog to read more about what folks are learning!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Pixie sticks, huh? I would not fight you over them. I don't like the grainy texture, but rock on!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Aw. PIXIE Stix.

Musings of a Housewife said...

A date weekend!? How fun! ENJOY!

Twincerely,Olga said...

great list!! Pixie sticks??Yummm!!!

Wendy said...

Did you get a picture of the hug? So cute! And I totally love watching jellyfish. They're so cool! As long as I'm not getting stung by one, of course.

The Mommy said...

I'm so jealous of your date weekend! Have lots of fun!

Tara said...

Andrew got 10 Pixy Stixx and I ate ever last one of them....he got a little taste but kept putting his mouth on the paper so that was my reasoning that he didn't need them. They are now my new favorite!!

nicole said...

I also love candy. And yes, getting ready to go somewhere when you have to get a toddler ready too (for your absence, or to go with you) is a lot of work. Enjoy your getaway!

JanMary said...

Pixie Sticks? Tell me more!

Enjoy your time away :)

My lessons are up too.