Monday, November 9, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday - Candles & Scents

This week, for Friend Makin' Monday, Amber asked about our favorite candles and scents. Since I just totally candled out over the last week, I thought I'd jump in!



Bath & Body Works (or White Barn Candle Company) sells my current favorite candles. The brand is Slatkin & Co., and I've found their small jar candles (4 oz.) are my favorites. I discovered them a year or so ago when we put our house on the market. I picked up the Creamy Caramel to burn in the downstairs basement and it scented two levels of our house!

Just a couple weeks ago, there was a sale on these candles: 2 for $10. Which is pretty good considering they normally go for $9.50 a pop (which no matter HOW good they smell is just TOO much I think). And I had a 20% off my entire purchase coupon. So for $16 I picked up four. Yum, yum, yum!

The scents:

Leaves


Spiced Cider


Vanilla Caramel


Kitchen Spice


Find out about some more favorite candle scents and make some friends by joining in over at Amber's blog!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

I love vanilla caramel! MMMMMM!

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/11/friend-makin-monday-candle-favorites.html

Tara said...

Oh I wish I had smellaputer.....ok, maybe not because that just sounds wrong. I am sure your house smells lovely!!

2 Toddlers and Me said...

Those are great scents! Very in season. I miss lighting candles, have it done it with the little ones around. Maybe I'll get into it again in a couple years.

Christina said...

MMMMM Wonderful scents! Happy FMM

jenjen said...

Wow - I am going to try that brand. it sounds awesome! Happy FMM!

XOXO
Jen

Christie said...

Happy Monday!! I think I need to go check out Bath and Body Works, I have seen that Leaves candle on a couple of list and the vanilla caramel sounds wonderful! That is two of my favorite scents, vanilla and caramel.

~Christie
www.kingbrayden.blogspot.com