Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday - Fall Cleaning



I don't participate in WFMW every week (hosted by We Are THAT Family), mostly because I usually can't think of anything that actually works for me. Terrible, isn't it? But this week I'm giving it another go.

This coming weekend, my husband is accompanying his son on a Cub Scout camping trip (the weather looks like it's going to be in the 40's & 50's with rain = ICK!). I haven't done a good house clean, well purge actually, in some time, thinking for a while that we would be moving, and what better way to purge than to pack for a move? Well, now that it looks like we're staying put for another year-ish, it's time. I can't take it anymore. I'm at the point where I'm about to take everything in our house to the dump or to Salvation Army. Seriously, I we have too much stuff. TOO MUCH!

With the opportunity presenting itself to be sans other half this weekend, I quickly called my parents to see if they would like to have Jillian for the weekend. Turns out, they do!

What works for me this week is having a weekend (almost a full three days) to purge our house of STUFF and organize! How much do I wish we still had the big, blue truck for John to take camping so I could use the smaller pickup for dump runs??? Oh well.

Here's the plan:
Friday morning - root through and purge the storage unit
Friday afternoon - Salvation Army run, pick up a shelf or two to mount in kitchen and a few other things
Friday evening - happy hour with my BFF Lisa
Friday night - kitchen
Saturday morning - buy some kind of storage solution for kitchen stuff, put kitchen back together
Saturday afternoon - closet under stairs in basement
Saturday night - Jillian's bedroom, our bedroom
Sunday morning - church
Sunday morning - upstairs bathroom
Sunday afternoon - hall closet and/or living room (I'd love to finish the living room, but I'm trying to be realistic here)

Here's the budget:
under $100

Wish me luck! I promise I'll get before and after pictures!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oooh sounds fun! I am an organizing and purging nut. I get cheap thrills doing it. Can't wait to see the pictures....wish I could come help!

steadymom said...

Wow - exciting to have that much time to spend. It will look great afterwards!

Jamie

Brenna said...

you have your time all organized!!! lots of luck (and energy!) make sure you include a couple of starbucks runs...
i'm so jealous! :)