* I learned that BGE (aka Constellation energy, our gas & electric monopoly) only accepts payments in the form of Mastercard and Discover or check. No Visa. Nice. And if you are paying through your checking account, they most certainly WILL verify funds with your bank while you're on the phone.
* I also learned that if your service gets turned off and you don't call before 3pm, you don't get reconnected until the following day during the concise window of "between 8am and 5pm". (figured out yet what our unexpected event was yesterday afternoon?)
* I learned that my husband has the best flashlights ever.
* I learned that it is awesome to live near family, and even more awesome when family offers to keep Jillian for a spur-of-the-moment overnight stay when you don't have power in your house.
* On a lighter note, I learned that when dying rice to create a sensory bin for a toddler, it is a good idea to ask "why" when the directions say to add a small amount of alcohol or vinegar in with the food coloring. I didn't ask, just skipped that step. And my toddler ended up with blue hands. Guess it makes sense...you add vinegar to food coloring when dying Easter eggs.
And that, dear readers, is all I learned. Whatever I had intended to write about prior to yesterday afternoon has been long forgotten. Have some awesomeness that you learned and want to share? Join up over at Jo-Lynne's!