Monday, October 19, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 20

I'm feeling pretty worn out from my weekend, so I'll keep it short and sweet this week.



*I learned more than I ever wanted to know about spiders, as my husband and I totally geeked out looking up spider pictures to classify the one we have living in our basement.

*I learned that it's sometimes nice and not awkward (well, mostly) to return to an old haunt for a couple beers after a few years. John and I found ourselves with a baby-free night Thursday so we headed up to Michael's Pub, where many an evening was spent "back in the day". It was a fun time and nice for us to wind down together!

*I learned that spending time with a girl friend is priceless. Although it is cheaper to do it starting at happy hour!

*I learned that it's amazing how much you can accomplish with no toddler and no husband in the house. It's very freeing to be able to organize knowing you won't be in anyone's way and that you don't have to worry about cleaning up your mid-organization mess until you're done!

*I learned that although I got tons accomplished this weekend, I could have very easily worked for another couple days and probably still not have gotten everything done that I'd like.

*I've also learned that I know my limits. I know that when I hit a wall, it's time to call it quits for a break or for the night. Though I was sore after my clean-and-purge weekend and tired, I wasn't completely burned out. Still tired, yes, but not totally fried.

*And lastly, I've learned that I know my limits. Yes, I know I just said that, but I say it this time in the context of blog time. I miss being able to spend as much time as I was blogging and reading all my favorite bloggers' posts, but having two days of my week basically gone with babysitting, I feel like I just don't have the time that I used to, to devote to bloggy reading. The babysitting stint only lasts through the beginning of December, so after that I'll be "back to my regularly scheduled program", but until then, I'll keep missing some of those great posts. Hey, a mom can only do so much in a day.

And with that, I'll call it a week and send you over to Jo-Lynne's blog, where you can learn about more stuff people learned this week and link up with your own!

3 comments:

JanMary said...

Great lessons.

Did you feel really "old" back in your old haunt? I know I do when I visit the area I used to live in when I first met my husband. I feel the same inside....but who am I kidding?!!

The Mommy said...

I can accomplish SO much when I'm home alone...which is so rare!

Brenna said...

I'm so glad you got lots done...I get distracted when I have time to myself!