Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 19



I know I had some really good ones this week. I really did. DID is the key word here. I swear one day I'm going to start writing this stuff down.

*I learned that it is possible to color on your face with Crayons if you're determined. (please note that I didn't actually do this, my child did)

*I learned that teething with two year molars is worse than teething with the first set that came in mostly unnoticed by me.

*I learned that even if your child only spends a few minutes twice a week around a child who is in day care, your child will pick up any and all bugs that those kids have. Seriously, I feel like since we've been babysitting, Jillian has some sort of sniffle or cold all. the. time.

*I learned that a small chain on your key ring is not the most secure way to carry your "bonus" cards. Since it apparently popped open yesterday as I wrestled with my daughter in a store, leaving me bonus card-less. Nice.

*I learned that sometimes it's worth buying a book you've been looking forward to reading. As long as you have a 40% off coupon and the waiting list at the library is like 40+ people long.

*I also learned that when you pick up a book you've been waiting to read, you will somehow read it cover to cover the very same day you buy it, "neglecting" the ole blog and other online communications.

*I learned (remembered) how much I absolutely adore flannel sheets. I want to go crawl back into bed right now. Oh I love them!

And on that note, we have to get going to babysit for a few hours this morning. And get momma a Starbucks. Head over to Jo-Lynne's blog to find out some other awesomeness that was learned this week!

7 comments:

Jen said...

What great posts! I so hear you about reading the book cover to cover in one night, and neglecting everything else!

Emily said...

I got Jack flannel for his big-boy-bed for that same reason! So snuggly and warm. So far it's not helping him USE the big-boy-bed tho.

Jaime said...

Coloring your own face with crayons if you are determined...that was too funny! I just found your blog via Musings...LOVE IT! Can't wait to read more of your posts! :)

Lindsey said...

So I'm now dying to know...what was the book?

melaniet42 said...

Lindsey,
The book was "Dreamfever" by Karen Marie Moning. It's the fourth in a series of five. I just checked out her website and it looks like you can download the first book in the series ("Darkfever") for free. I actually checked the third book out of the library first and liked it so much I checked out the first and second. And I just couldn't wait on the waiting list for this one and HAD to read it. I suppose now I will end up buying the first three at some point, because I hate only owning one of a series that I liked. And I want to go back and read them again.

jen@odbt said...

I did that with the Twilight books...talk about lost sleep. I did not know about the crayon thing. Hopefully it came off as easily as it went on. Too funny about the bonus cards, I have so many that it's comical. More cards than keys.

Musings of a Housewife said...

I love getting lost in a good book. I haven't done that in ages!