Monday, October 5, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 18



I feel like this past week has been somewhat of a blur since last Tuesday. Babysitting Wednesday & Thursday, my husband's accident Thursday evening (our anniversary), and then I've been not feeling great since Friday. But I think I can round up a few lessons from the past week to share.

**I learned that car accidents suck. Thank heavens no one was hurt in the accident my husband was in Thursday, but can I just say, What A Pain!

**I continue to learn how awesome my food processor is. I've used it to shred cheese and to chop apples for apple muffins!

**I learned that bread flour is in fact different from all purpose flour. Not so different in muffins. Quite different in cookies. Hm.

**I learned that if I get over-zealous with my laundering, several loads of clean laundry will remain unfolded until they get washed next time around. Because really, when I'm done folding, I'm D-O-N-E.

**I learned that some of the best toddler toys aren't "toys" at all. The current favorites are a box and the cotton-ball pompoms I bought at Joann.

**I learned (remembered) that making things is relaxing to me. Until the sewing machine acts up.

**I learned that sewing machines can be infinitely frustrating. Much like anything electronic at times. UGH!

Tell everyone what you learned this week! Head on over to Jo-Lynne's and join in!

4 comments:

JanMary said...

Like you I realize that lots of my lessons are not learned but actually had just been forgotten and I am remembering them again!

Terra said...

the car accident...EWWWWWWWWWWWWW....and yes we often re-learn what we already know. Hang in there

FeliciaE said...

Glad no one was hurt. My children never cease to amaze me with what they will play with next, our current favorite is a lent brush and a 1lb bag of beans.

melissa said...

i have said the most terrible things to my sewing machine. but it deserved it.
:-)