Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tot School!



Continuing our "letter of the week" theme, we learned about all things "C" this past week.

Jillian started out the week supporting mommy's favorite football team, the Cowboys. Thanks "fake" Aunt Jen for the awesome onesie straight from Texas!

My mom had a good thought for "C" week and brought a bag of wine bottle corks to us. I had a collection myself, so I put them together and Jillian played with corks and cups!


Our snack this week was: chocolate chip cookies!!

Jillian did some climbing at various playgrounds this week, too.



We had a couple coloring activities.


Today I had Jillian color on some construction paper and I made it into a crown for her. Of which I got zero pictures, since she wanted to have nothing to do with wearing it. *sigh*

Our Reading List:
*Charlie Cook's Favourite Book by Julia Donaldson (UK Edition - something we brought Jillian back from England this summer)
*Sesame Street "C" Book from our alphabet puzzle books
*The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
*The Creation Story from Jillian's children's Bible

Movies of the Week:
*Chicken Little, borrowed from the library
*The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (by far the biggest hit this week!)
*The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

We took a field trip to the Maryland Science Center this weekend, and while we didn't do anything too letter C specific, it was a great field trip. We did learn about dinosaurs, but I'll save that for next week's "D"!

This past week somehow got out of control busy and I feel like we didn't accomplish as much as I'd have liked, but hey, now I've got some good ideas tucked away for next time around with "C"!

Visit 1+1+1=1 for more awesome tot school ideas!!

6 comments:

Giggly Girls said...

C week looks like it was a lot of fun! And it had my favorite snack. Yummy!

Mommy Bear said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love the alphabet letter theme.

Mikey Bear loves playing with plastic cups. Stacking and sorting them could keep him entertained for at least 30 minutes.

Adriana said...

Looks like a fun week! I need to give M some plastic cups to play with. I forget how simple things like that are the most fun. I'm from Texas sooo GO COWBOYS!

Brenna said...

looks good, mel!!! i haven't been organized enough to do stuff by letter...but amedeo liked the pom pom activity and cups. dry rigatoni works pretty well too!

Fake Aunt Jen said...

HOORAY! I got to see Jilly in her Dallas onesie! :) Love yous!

Laura said...

I lived in Texas for many years and so was by marriage....a Cowboys fan. Your pic reminded me of a similar outfit my firstborn wore. A Dallas Cowboy Cheerleading outfit. Soooo Cute!! Gotta love it! Your daughter is adorable.