Monday, October 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - October 26th

I learned a valuable lesson last week: check the freezer before you plan your menu. I went to make pork chops Saturday night, only to find that our (what seemed like) never ending pork chop supply had been all used up! I used the same recipe and subbed in chicken and it was fine, but, lesson learned.



To continue being frugal, I'm trying to work as much as possible with what we have on hand. So this week will be red meat and protein week.

Sunday: Leftover Chicken
Monday: Monthly Pub'N'Talk Meeting (mommy and daddy will be eating out!)
Tuesday: Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf
Wednesday: Steak and Potatoes
Thursday: Bean, Cheese, and Rice Squares
Friday: dinner at MIL's
Saturday: Halloween (aka: I have no idea what we're going to be doing in the evening, but if we're home for dinner, I'll probably just whip up some spaghetti with meat sauce, or we can have leftovers from Thursday night)

Looks like I only have three or four days to prepare dinner this week, so that should keep the grocery list SHORT!!

Need some great ideas for your menu this week? Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie to see what all those bloggers are planning!

1 comment:

darnold23 said...

Those bean, cheese and rice squares really sound interesting. I may have to give those a try this week. I just wanted to let you know that Mister Linky is up for this week's Crock Pot Wednesday. I would love for you to come post a slow cooker favorite.