Monday, September 21, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 16

Do you know what time it is? It's time again to share what we learned this week! I didn't learn that many things, but hey, it's quality, not quantity, right?



This week I learned that I may have to just give in, break down and pack up the crib, and put Jillian's mattress on the floor. A toddler's already small bedroom gets much smaller when there's a makeshift blanket-bed on the floor next to the converted toddler bed. And when your child likes to make a "nest". Seriously, I've never seen anything like what this child does to her bedroom floor when she's sleeping there.

My laptop totally just crapped out on my last night. Which prompted my husband to do some research about the cost of a new battery, etc. Dell apparently has a program that they'll buy back used laptops. Want to know what we found out? They will give me a whopping $27 for my laptop. Good grief! I think I still owe them more than that from when we bought the darn thing!

And here's the big one. I learned that my food processor is awesome. Most of you reading this probably already have discovered the joys of a nice food processor. When Jillian started eating solid food, I wanted nothing more than to make her baby food, rather than buy it. So my mom bought me a KitchenAid food processor with all the bells and whistles. Shortly thereafter our house went on the market and my teeny-weeny-no-counter-space-having-kitchen got cleaned up and packed up. And so the food processor went back in its box and placed in a closet. Until my mom reminded me after I made au gratin potatoes last week that it had a slicing attachment. Really? That seemed too good to be true. So out came the food processor and lo and behold, yep, it sure does. I've already used it to slice up apples for baked apples. I can't wait to use the shredding attachment to shred cheese. Maybe I'll make a pie. Oh the possibilities!

So there you have it! Did you learn anything this week? Link up your post at Musings of a Housewife and take a minute to read about what some other great folks learned, too!

2 comments:

JanMary said...

I love rediscovering kitchen equipment which saves time, and makes me wonder why I ever stopped using it in the first place!

The Mommy said...

I'm asking for a new food processor for Christmas. Exciting, huh?