Monday, September 7, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 14

I learned that I seriously need to get better at writing this stuff down when it occurs to me during the week!



That aside, I did learn something(s) this week. Perhaps nothing earth-shattering or especially deep, but hey, learning is learning, right? Right??

**Most importantly, I learned that our settlement date is NOT September 13th, but October 13th. Phew!!! Now, about that loan....

**I learned that a non-cuddly, very active toddler becomes a cuddler and a lap-sitter when she's not feeling good.

**I learned that day care providers must certainly have an extremely higher patience level than I.

**I learned that I can plan a menu for the week, and stick to it! Last week, I cooked at home six nights in a row!!!

**I also learned that I can prepare "extra" food earlier in the week to be "re-purposed" in other meals. As long as I've planned ahead. Score!!

**I learned that watching old X-Files episodes on the wall with a LCD projector is pretty awesome.

And folks, I think that covers it. What did you learn this week? Head on over to Musings of a Housewife and link up with your "WILTW" post!!

5 comments:

Heather Solos said...

Planned overs are teh awesome ;) Seriously, I think I have more fun figuring out ways to reuse some foods than I have with the original idea.
I'm pretty sure my kids are only cuddly when they are miserable, they can't stand to be still at any other time.

Hairline Fracture said...

Good for you with the meal planning!

I always enjoy cuddling with my kiddos when they don't feel well. Normally, they are too active to sit still.

Janel@Dandelion Dayz said...

yay with the meal planning! That is really the only way I get cooking done each week.

JanMary said...

Congrats on the meal planning - I feel a real sense of achievement if I have stuck to my plan .... is that sad?

Linda said...

Congratulations on the six nights of home cooking!