Saturday, September 26, 2009

Puddle Jumping!

Today was a very special day. Both my husband and I celebrated birthdays (yes, we share a birthday)! The weather today was less than optimal (59 degrees and rainy) and really warranted us staying home in our underwear all day and watching X-Files episodes on the couch (we're real party animals around here...). But today was also the day that my father-in-law and his wife had scheduled their annual crab feast/friend & family cookout.

It was all a bit much for Jillian, who much prefers to run around outside at events like this. When it was just lightly raining, I let her explore the puddles for a bit. And then I had a brilliant (it seemed so at the time) idea! I had her rain boots in the car from the last time she wore them and kicked them off! I raced over to the car and switched out her frocs (fake Crocs) for her boots and let her puddle jump! She's never really experienced this before, as our sidewalks don't really accumulate puddles and our parking lot isn't exactly safe (traffic) to have a toddler out running about.

She had an absolute blast!!




Yes, that is a Ritz cracker in her hand...

Puddle jumping is the BEST! She was soaked afterward and I threw her clothes in the washer and dryer before we left. Leaving her to run around for most of the party in nothing but her diaper. One day, I will remember to pack extra clothes for her....

3 comments:

Tara Rison said...

I love these pics! She is an absolute doll!

Brenna said...

i really like the last picture! she did have fun!

Casy Schweickart said...

Looks like she had fun! BTW Hope you had a happy birthday! ;0)