Monday, September 21, 2009

Not Me! Monday - Renn Fest Edition

We took Jillian for the Maryland Renaissance Festival this weekend for the first time. You can read more about our visit and see pictures here. It was the first time I've been there since B.C. (before child). Here are some of the things that for sure did NOT happen while we were there.



It was definitely NOT my child who, once let out of her stroller, grabbed its handle to push it around and sloshed my beer out (that was resting peacefully in the cup holder) all over herself.

It was also not my child that exuberantly climbed the pirate ship play structure, sat down at the top of the spiral tube slide, and promptly slid down. While Mommy was left standing at the top wondering where on earth the bottom of the slide was and if it would be appropriate to run over other children while racing to get back on the ground to hunt down my small, fast toddler.

And it wasn't me at all that practically squealed with delight when seeing the changing table right in the middle of all those port-a-potties! I also did NOT hear myself ask Jillian something to the effect of, "Why are there rocks in your diaper?!?".

Want to share some of your "Not Me!" moments from the week? Link up your post over at My Charming Kids and read some other hilarious "Not Me!" moments!!

No comments: