Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just Another Day

This morning I spent some time on the phone with BB&T. I found a transaction on our account that I didn't recognize. I called the number associated with the entry on my statement and got some kind of call center, clearly not in the country. They confirmed for me that they had no record of an account with either my home or cell phone numbers associated with it, but therefore couldn't even tell me the name of the company that I had called. Nice. I filed a fraud claim. Later on, I was organizing our bills. Well, sort of. I finally picked up a small dry erase board to hang on the fridge that details what bills we have and when each of them was last paid. I like having it all in one place as a visual. It at least gets that stuff out of my head! Anyway, I found another transaction I didn't recognize. Here's the thing, it was in the EXACT same amount of the one I had found every day. On the phone I went again, and filed another fraud claim with BB&T. Nice. Now my check card has been canceled and I have to wait for a new one to come. Double nice.

I haven't adjusted fully to the amount of time things take with a toddler in tow. For example, we were going to make a quick Target run before heading off to make up a My Gym class. Sounds simple, right? She wasn't really bad exactly, it just seems like it took us twice as long in the store than it would have taken me alone. Maybe it's just that I have to spend extra brain power making sure she doesn't climb out of the cart, or putting things back that she's randomly grabbed of the shelves and put in our cart. Who knows. But needless to say, we missed our make up class.

This morning Jillian did some coloring. This is definitely one of her favorite things to do and she's pretty good at only coloring in her book that she's allowed to use for that purpose.


Later in the afternoon, I started making this Italian Herb Bread; I found this recipe when I was browsing around here. I halved the original recipe and used a combination of dried and fresh herbs. The half recipe yielded two small loaves for me; we ate one tonight and have one for another night! Tell me this doesn't look yummy!


A full day to be sure. I won't even go into my adventures with the broken cell phone or the "misunderstanding" we had with Verizon FIOS. Nope. I'll save that all for another day.


Here's the real kicker:

**The Good News**
The contract we put on the house we like was accepted!!! John told me the news over dinner tonight. And of course I wondered why he wasn't excited about it. So here's...

**The Bad News**
Our loan wasn't approved. So now we're on a furious search to find any a reputable lender to loan us somewhere in the neighborhood of $200k+. On a single income. While we still own a house. With not perfect credit. We're supposed to close on the 13th of this month. We've got 12 days. 12 days.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the house!! Where is it?

Lindsey said...

Congrats and good luck with the furious search! I'm sending happy $$$ thoughts your way!

Emily said...

Good Luck! I hope it works out!

Tara said...

I hate dealing with banks, insurance companies, or any service business for that matter.

Great news on the house. Let's hope you find the financing.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I thought it took forever to run errands with a toddler. Until I had another baby. Oh dear Lord in Heaven. It can take all DAY to just make it out the door!

Kevin said...

Mel,

Call my broker. I've used him for serveral refi's.

Kevin

Brian Glou
President
Altabanc Financial Corp
15200 Shady Grove Road, Ste 300
Rockville, MD 20850
(240) 581-1520 Phone
(240) 581-1529 Fax

Kevin said...

Oops.. Here's his email as well.

bglou@altabanc.com

Kevin

Jen said...

Good Luck!

I moved my blog back to blogspot, so please come and visit!

~Simple Pleasures~

JanMary said...

Hope you get your house loan sorted, so you can get the house.

Yes - everything takes SO MUCH longer with a toddler in tow - I am finally reveling in a few child-free hours and it is wonderful - you will get there....eventually!

Party of Eight said...

Where is the house? I'm so sorry about the loan. Ryan and I had forgotten how completely overwhelming house "stuff" was. And looking at houses is interesting with 6 kids... :))) I sure hope you find the loan that you all are looking for!