Monday, September 7, 2009

I Need to Know Tuesday, Vol. 16



Sorry it's been a couple weeks since I've needed to know something, but I hate to make something up just so my faithful readers have something to answer! I'm now planning my menu out at the beginning of the week, but sometimes still, dinner sneaks up on me. Like last night. I knew exactly what we were going to have for dinner since Saturday, but somehow I forgot to take the steaks out of the freezer until an hour before it was time to start cooking. Oops!

What I need to know this week is...what's your favorite way to defrost food, specifically, meat? I used the microwave this time, but I usually end up starting to cook my food. And the steaks definitely lost some juice in the microwave defrosting process. I tried last week throwing some chicken (in the plastic still) into some boiling water for a bit, but the weight of the frozen chicken caused them to sink to the bottom of the pan and that side of them started cooking on me. So folks, what's your best way to defrost quickly, when you've forgotten to do so ahead of time? Or is it just me that forgets to do that?!?

2 comments:

Jen Sellers said...

If I've been a slacker, I either use the microwave or switch around my menu and fix something else!

Linda said...

We use the microwave.