Friday, September 4, 2009

Completely Random

I swear my brain feels totally jumbled after not blogging for two days. Jillian and I arrived at my babysitting job Wednesday to a "situation". The lady I babysit for has two kids, one around two and a half and one who just turned nine months. I've been sitting for the infant and her toddler goes to daycare. She encountered some problems with the daycare (I won't go into details, but I will say that I am eternally grateful that I don't have to deal with this, even though it means our finances are a bit strained at times). So I ended up watching both her toddler and infant Wednesday and Thursday. Suffice to say, I was absolutely exhausted at the end of both days. Yesterday wasn't as bad as Wednesday, because I knew ahead of time what to expect. Naptime of course, was my favorite time. Somehow both days I was able to get all three of them down at the same time. Mealtime did not go as swimmingly.

My wonderful husband has been dealing with finding us a loan for the house we're buying. Apparently, our original loan was not dis-approved, but the sellers "didn't like our loan". Really? So now it looks like we're going to get stuck with a high interest rate hurting until we can refinance. And who sees that extra interest money? Not the sellers. The bank. Seriously folks, if you agreed to the "low-ball" offer we made you, couldn't you have worked with our loan? I would have been willing to meet you half-way on price if you would have taken our FHA loan. Oh how I dislike this process. But it does look like we will be able to proceed with buying this house. I'll keep you all posted.

In a nutshell, that's where we are. This weekend is shaping up to be busy, but I'm keeping Monday as a "do nothing" day. Appropriate since it's Labor Day. This evening we get my stepson at my MIL's house. Tomorrow Jillian and I are heading up to Westminster to check out the "Everything Children Consignment Sale" at the Ag Center; meeting my parents there! A note for my local mom friends - there's also a big consignment sale there October 9-11 by Wee-cycle. Sunday after church we head up to Gettsyburg, PA for John's family's annual reunion. Next week is going to be just as busy. I'm babysitting (hopefully just for baby Nicholas) Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday I'm attending an embalming seminar for the day to rack up half of the CEU's I need to keep my funeral director license active. Of course that means I'm taking Jillian up to my parents' house Tuesday evening and picking her up again Wednesday evening. I'm getting tired just thinking about it all!

Since I'm going all random on you today, here are a few pictures of our morning.

Jillian's book of choice today? Her Bible. She woke up on the floor in her bedroom holding it.


While I've been lounging on the couch brooding over the past few days and planning for the upcoming weekend and week, Jillian tried on daddy's shoes.


Some of you may know that my husband doesn't really care for cats. He has asthma and his allergy to cats really aggravates it. When he met me, I had three of them. How's that for love? Anyway, he often jokes about cat being "the other white meat". Apparently my cat doesn't get it, because I found him in our newly organized pantry this morning.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Gosh, you do have a lot going on. I am so so thankful I don't have to deal with daycare either but like you said, it sure strains the finances living on one income.

Good luck with the house. I don't understand all of the loan process because luckily we've never had problems with that side of it.

Have a great weekend!

emk said...

I'm glad you explained the 2 extra kids thing because I was confused when I read that on FB the other day. So sorry that things are so crazy, but it sounds like you have a good handle on things! Happy weekend!

Brenna said...

GO Mel! You're a trooper taking on an extra kid!
Much luck on the house...I hope it works out for you!

Kristine said...

Busy week ahead!

We are so lucky with our daycare. It is part of the hospital my husband works at, and is only for hospital employees. They are absolutely wonderful! Because it is a benefit to the employees they don't have to worry about making money, just doing the right thing, which makes a big difference.


Good luck with the house loan! Seems odd that the sellers would care what your loan is. I don't understand that at all.