Monday, August 3, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 9

I guess it's time to put my thinking cap on and come up with some things I learned this week for Jo-Lynne's carnival.

Hmmm...over the past week, I learned:

**It's great to see old friends, and even better when you can hang with them for a few hours and chat it up like practically no time has passed at all.

**Not getting financing for the original house you looked at is not always a bad thing. It makes you look for a "Plan B" and plan B can sometimes be better than plan A had been.

**No matter how hard you try not to obsess think about a house that you really like while praying that no one else snatches it up trying to secure financing, you will think about it. All. The. Time.

**After beer week around the Tindale House, a glass of wine is a nice change.

**The best time to schedule an ob/gyn appointment is right after lunch time. Then be the first person to show up after lunch, or better yet, toward the end of lunch break. The office I go to breaks for lunch from 12:30-1:30pm. I had a 1:30pm appointment. I showed up at 1:15pm, was taken into the exam room around 1:30pm, and walked out of the office at 1:48pm. Possibly the fastest trip to any doctor EVAH.

**My toddler likes water chestnuts. How random.

**I can make ice cream.

**There's an awesome giveaway over at Kitchen Stewardship: a seriously great idea for nursing and it's fashionable too! Check it out! I totally want one of these for next time around.

So there you have it. Don't you feel like you've learned something too? Head on over to Musings of a Housewife and link up with what you've learned!

1 comment:

Booklover1212 said...

I'll have to remember that doctor visit tip next time! Good luck with the house!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/