Monday, August 17, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 11

I learned a couple random things this week. Really random. But here we go again!



1. I learned that I can get along with my husband's ex-wife and her family if I have to. If you want to read more about that adventure, you can do so here.

2. I learned that zip-ties are one of the best things EVER to have around the house. What unlikely use did I find for one this week? Toddler bed rail. Yeah, I'm that kind of mom. Go here for a picture of my handiwork.

**ALERT: if you are reading my blog and are male, you may not want to learn what I learned next. Consider yourself warned.**

3. I learned that when meeting a deductible for your health insurance, the full charge for a pap smear at LabCorp is $298. And I thought the pap itself was the painful part. YEOOOWWWWWWCH!

And that's all I've got for you this time around. What did you learn this week? Head over to Musings of a Housewife and join up with the carnival!!

10 comments:

The Real Me! said...

Very important lessons indeed but YIKES on the cost of the smear! That does hurt. And great job on the toddler bed. It looks great.
Blessings,
Kim

JanMary said...

Goodness - How Much????

The National Health Service here may have its problems but we don't pay for these.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Well now. LOL!!! :-)

Brenna said...

hee...i'm thinking you're right...zip ties ARE good things to have around the house! nicely done.

and a pap smear costs what?!?!?

Wendy said...

Looks like they getcha coming and going with that pap test. Ick.

Kara said...

LOL! Sounds like some great lessons learned this week!

Janel@Dandelion Dayz said...

Wow! Interesting!

Love zip ties, too.

Terra said...

I love me those zip ties (bulk from costco!!!)

sarah said...

Thanks for your comment at Philly Moms Blog! I really appreciate the support.

Have a great day!

Jessi said...

Hmm, might have to get some zip ties. Don't have a toddler but I'm sure I could find something useful to do with them.