Monday, August 10, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 10



With all these "what I learned this weeks", you'd think I'd feel a lot smarter!

This week, I learned that ants don't give up easily. After our infestation, I went on a rampage and thought I killed those hateful bugs. Apparently, I was wrong. They're baaa-aaaack. Round two of ant-killing has commenced. My mom picked up some spray for me that's safe around children and pets. Get this - the active ingredient is soybean oil!

Jillian learned what a cow says. You can check out that cuteness here.

I learned that children like the strangest things to eat. I mean really, who would have thought that a toddler's favorite fruits would be oranges and cherries. Cherries? Do you have any idea what a pain cherries are to cut into eighteen-month-old-friendly pieces? I learned that too.

The weather this week has been oppressively hot. I can't complain too much, because we have had a pretty mild summer. But I did learn that contrary to my philosophy in my younger, skinnier, sun-worshiping days, there is such a thing as it being "too hot" outside.

And yet again, I learned that the size of a baby is NOT directly proportional to the size of the mess they are capable of making. Every. Day.

What did you learn this week? Come on...you know you want to spill it! Head on over to Musings of a Housewife and link up with your post!

7 comments:

Kara said...

I hate, hate, hate ants! We've had trouble with them this summer too, because it's so dry. A couple of years ago, they got into one of our WALLS! THAT was not fun!

Loved your list.

Bdubba said...

We would have a yearly ant issue in our house. It meant warm weather was here to stay. Good luck! ITA about the mess/child ratio. It really is an exponential type of comparison. lol

Amy Platon said...

I agree! Ants are relentless. I liked the cherries part, only I'm convinced that my daughter thinks they are a veggie, cause when I've offered them to her she refuses to try one! She has no idea what she's missin!

JanMary said...

Rarely see an ant in Ireland - maybe St Patrick got rid of them along with the snakes!

girlymama said...

i'm so sorry -- we have ants EVERYWHERE right now too and i'm just not even trying to fight it.
maybe we should just move ;-)

Wendy said...

Cinnamon is supposed to repel ants. Of course, then you might start to crave cinnamon rolls. I know I would...

Musings of a Housewife said...

We have the hot weather here in PA but not the ants, so much. Often we do have to set out those ant traps though. Pesky varmints!