Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me! Monday - Bedtime Edition




If you read my blog with any regularity (or follow me on twitter, or are my friend on Facebook, etc.), you know by now that Jillian climbed out of her crib for the first time a few days ago. There was no repeat performance, but the thought of her climbing out when she wakes up one day all stumbly and sleepy concerned me.

After getting some good suggestions, from a crib tent to putting her in a big-girl bed, it wasn't me that decided to go with the least expensive (and my least favorite option) and convert her 4-in-1 convertible crib to the "transitional" bed.

It was not me that gave the baby a second allen wrench to "help" mommy put re-construct this thing after nap time today.

It was not me who, when lowering the crib mattress last time, stripped the hex screw on one of the corners.

So with a clearly not stripped screw, it wasn't me that realized it would be impossible to use it as one of the three fastening points for one of the rails.

Got all that? Allrightythen.

That all leads up to it never being me that used a heavy-duty zip-tie to substitute that third fastening point. I would never rig anything like that. Never.

And for your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of Jillian's new "big-girl" bed. (If you look really close, you can see the black zip-tie on the bottom corner of the rail at the head end...don't worry, the rail is screwed in securely at two other points!)



Have any "not me's" you're just dying to share? Head on over to MckMama's blog and join in!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

They all climb out eventually, right? We took the bottom out of my son's crib, as he can't be trusted with the freedom yet. He rips the house apart when I'm awake, so I'd hate to see what he'd do when I'm asleep!

The Thompsons said...

The same thing happened to me with my 17 month old boy...I'm considering just duct taping him down to his mattress at night! LOL jk