Sunday, August 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday : 8/31/09



I finally broke down and did it. I created a menu plan for the week. I've been trying to get myself to do this for months now, since I seriously have chef's block (like writer's block, only for when you're cooking) several times each week. And we end up with dinners like, um, hot dogs.

So this being my first attempt, I'm not getting super creative. I'm just trying to have a plan in place to cook good food at home every night this week. I even did some prepare-ahead-prep in the kitchen today!

Sunday: Bruschetta Burritos
Monday: Pork chops, with potatoes and a veggie
Tuesday: Chicken parmesan
Wednesday: Meatloaf (loosely based on this recipe)
Thursday: Chicken & Black Bean Burritos
Friday: we are planning on going to my MIL's to get my stepson, so something at her house
Saturday: Homemade Pizza, side salad

I didn't link to most of my recipes because, well, I make most of them up from a variety of things I've tried over the years. But if something sounds good and you want to try it and need to know how, I'll shoot my recipe over to you!

Do you menu plan? Want to check out some other fantastic plans for the week? Head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie to link up or read some more!

7 comments:

April said...

yay! menu planning helps in our family SO much! welcome to MPM!

Tara Rison said...

Oh, I would love to hear more about the Bruschetta Burrito. I love bruschetta and burritos, so it has to be a good thing!

Melissa said...

Welcome to MPM! Menu planning has helped me--and my family--a lot.

I'd also like to hear more about the Bruschetta Burritos. Sounds like a delicious combination!

Nashville Cheapster said...

Welcome to MPM! The menu looks great. Meal planning has been more helpful than I thought it would be.

SnoWhite said...

welcome to MPM! Your week looks tasty.

Brenna said...

I try to menu plan...usually I pick out 3 things per week...since most of the meals make enough for leftovers. If you have leftovers, do you eat those the next day, and just push back the menus?

I'll have to check out the MPM!

Laura said...

Welcome to MPM!!