Saturday, August 29, 2009

Homemade Pizza

After being inspired by various bloggers and friends, I decided to make homemade pizza. And by homemade, I mean, from scratch. Well, I got through it almost all the way homemade. I totally want to make my own sauce, but 1) I had half of a jar of pizza sauce in the fridge already, and 2) I've decided that making it ALL at one time is a bit too much for me. I know my motivational limits. I'm going to try out this recipe to pre-make batches of pizza sauce soon (maybe tomorrow!), so next time I'll have it ready to go.

I used this recipe (thanks Emily!) for the crust, and I received two others that I'm planning on trying out. It worked out well, but next time I think I'll add some herbs to the dough.

I picked up a block of mozarella cheese at the store today and shredded it myself. I sliced up a tomato we had from our recent trip to the Eastern Shore. I pulled some leaves off the basil plant I picked up at Trader Joe's this week. And made a tomato and basil pizza. From scratch (almost)! Get this, it not only didn't suck, it was really good!!!

5 comments:

emk said...

Hooray! It looks great-- NICE WORK! We actually followed you to Cosi tonight where I had....wait for it... a tomato and basil pizza! I seriously could eat their bread every day of the week. Maybe even multiple times a day!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness....that looks so yummy!

Emily said...

what did you cook it on? we just use a cookie sheet... i need to do something different.

Brenna said...

looks yummy! this must be pizza weekend...we had homemade pizza dough on friday night...and i bought some trader joe's white dough today for lunch. i could live on pizza.

glad you had fun!

we bake our pizzas on a pan that is round and has little holes all over it. they turn out nice and crispy.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I make our own pizza too. It's so easy and so much better than frozen or delivery. I'm not big on red sauce, so I usually do a white pizza or no sauce at all. And I make my dough in the Bread Machine. LOVE it!