Thursday, August 27, 2009

Big Girl Swing!

My mother-in-law has a nice swing set in her backyard, and when we were over there a couple weeks back, I let Jillian try swinging on a "big girl" swing. She did amazingly well!

What does that have to do with today's post, you ask? Good. Well, I'll tell you. Today we babysat at Nicholas' house and there's a playground in the neighborhood. After his morning nap, we loaded up in the stroller and journeyed over. There were two "baby" swings and two "big kid" swings. When we arrived there was a girl (I say girl here, not toddler) in one of the "baby" swings. She was there with her, I assumed, grandfather. She was at least three feet tall and spoke quite well in complete sentences. Now, I'm no great judge of age, but I was thinking that she was probably big enough to be on the "big kid" swings. Actually, too big for the "baby" swing. But, whatever. I put Nicholas in the available baby swing and put Jillian on one of the big kid swings. Of course, this made pushing them both a bit more difficult, but again, whatever.

As you can see, Jilly loved the big kid swing.


Even after falling off the swing twice (and the guardian of the girl not even thinking to offer my small toddler the other baby swing), she still loved it, dirty knees and all!


So that was today's adventure at the playground. Thank you, other guardian, for being ever so considerate of my little child. At least SHE doesn't act like a baby!

In a completely unrelated note, Tara over at Keeping Up With The Kellys is having a great toy giveaway sponsored by AllChildrensFurniture.com, who carries everything from kids chairs to toys! The giveaway ends at 12pm (noon) EST on September 2nd!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Yes, inconsiderate people. I've seen a few of those in my day. Good luck on the giveaway!

lmc said...

Cady has been enjoying the big girl swing too! I would never have thought to put her on one, but Kevin did it one day when I wasn't at the playground. I gotta say it makes me a little nervous when I watch - my hands keep twitching as I constantly think she's about to fall off. Not a worry-wart parent at all of anything! ;)

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Impressive!! My toddler will hold the chains, but he doesn't have the rest of it figured out yet. He's not a big swing person though. He'd rather run and climb. Go figure!!

Brenna said...

jilly has super crazy gross motor skills! i'm not surprised that she likes the big kid swings. watch out for what comes next...she might want a motorcycle.