Monday, July 13, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 6

Ever feel like you have some weeks where you just didn't learn anything? Perhaps even lost some of what was already stored in your brain? Yep, I had one of those weeks. But I dug deep and thought of a couple things that I did learn this week.



* Bras are a pain. Especially when they decide that they've lived their life and are ready to go. At Air Mania. And the underwire pops through the fabric. Like, all the way. Protruding underwires are bad. Good bras are expensive.

* Labyrinth is the Best. Movie. Ever. Really, what almost eighteen month toddler sits transfixed through an entire movie? Apparently mine does, when Labyrinth is playing. She even brings it to me, hands it to me, and does the sign for "more".

* I learned how to do a strike through on my blog. I see other bloggers use it effectively, and I'm going to try it out. Perhaps it will make me a cooler better blogger. I apologize in advance if I overdo it. I will try to contain my excitement use it in moderation.

* I also learned that we needed more all purpose safety latches. We don't use these on appliances, but on dresser/bedside table drawers. I first used one for a certain bedside table drawer. I then started using one on Jillian's dresser drawer nearest her crib. Now she has learned to pull out her bottom dresser drawer and get things from the top of her dresser, you know, like the humidifier that's full of water. And to open dresser drawers so that mommy (while carrying her into her room for a diaper change) runs right into an open drawer and bruises her leg so that she looks like she met up with Tonya Harding in a dark alley. So NO MORE. I bought three more sets of two. I know she enjoys getting in her drawers to play with her blankets or pick out an outfit to wear, but for now, that will have to be a supervised activity.

So, that's what I learned this week. Want to read about what everyone else in the blogosphere learned, or did you learn something that you want to share? Check in with Musings of a Housewife and join in!

7 comments:

Julie From Inmates said...

I love the strike-through. ;)

emk said...

I was just going to say the same thing about the strike-through! I love that you use it so effectively, unlike Joey Tribbiani with his poor, poor use of air quotes.

Casy Schweickart said...

I totally agree with you...Labyrinth is the BEST!! It is totally underrated and not enough people know about it! ;0)

Musings of a Housewife said...

LOL about the strikethroughs. And yeah, protruding underwires? Undergarment FAIL. ;-)

JanMary said...

I need to google the strike-through again! I did learn, but never practiced, so now it has got lost in the depths of my mummy-brain!

Wendy said...

I, too, am a fan of the strike through. So fun and entertaining! Unlike underwires coming out of bras. I've had to pull many a wire out. Of course, my daughter somehow finds them and thinks they'd make a great toy...

Brenna said...

I think I heard somewhere that bras have a useful lifespan of 6 months before they need to be replaced. Pretty funny...since all of mine are waaaaaay older than that!
I'll have to give the what i've learned a try...it's a fun blog to read.