Monday, July 6, 2009

What I Learned This Week, Vol. 6

I know you readers are just peeing in your pants with excitement waiting to hear about all the exciting things I learned this week, right? Well, wait no longer my bloggy friends. My invaluable tidbits of knowledge will be shared with you right here!



**I learned that not having my camera makes me feel naked. I take a lot of pictures, being a stay at home mommy, and it feels very weird not to have it to whip out at a moment's notice. Luckily I have my mom's to take to Dutch Wonderland today (YAY!) and will have mine back safe and sound Wednesday.

**I LOVE Jillian's KidCo PeaPod P100. Some of you loyal readers will remember that I picked this up last summer for our trip to the beach. Since then it has gone with Jillian to my father-in-law's house and my mom's house, for both overnight visits and extended stays. This past weekend I threw it in the car with us to take up to the 4th of July party. It is SO much easier to schlep around than a pack-n-play. I set it up for Jilly as fireworks were winding down, put her down with a cup of milk, and off to dreamland she went. It is a travel essential for us!

**Jillian never ceases to amaze me with what she understands. She still has quite a limited vocabulary - we are entrenched in the ga-ga-ga-ga phase. But I got out of the shower yesterday morning to smell her playing nearby. Yep, it was THAT time of the morning. Dripping wet as I was, I didn't feel like walking to her room to change her, so I told her to go get me a diaper. And sure enough, out she went, and in she came, swim diaper in hand. Guess I should have specified which kind of diaper, but hey, I was impressed.

**And last but not least, I was reminded this weekend of how much I love tossing the football around. After a few miserable warm-up throws, I finally got into my rhythm (I still throw like a girl I think, but at least the ball got where it needed to!). I started feeling it in my shoulder muscles Sunday. And it was worse on Monday. What did I learn from this? I learned that it's been so long since I've done anything strenuous to my muscles that I couldn't find my big tube of Ben Gay. But I did find the Icy Hot. Beggars can't be choosers.

Now I want to know what you learned this week! Head on over to Jo-Lynne's blog and link up to her carnival with your post. And check out what her other readers have learned too!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Isn't it amazing how much those little brains understand? Children are just brilliant. :o)